Saturday, April 25, 2009

WebQuest - a blast from the not too distant past!

I am proud to announce that my students are using the WebQuest that was created for this class and I have received a positive response from them. They are so excited and cannot wait to explore it. They asked so many questions last week in reference to the WebQuest - such as - "did you actually to this?" to many questions regarding careers, taxes, interest,etc - some did not know that you had to pay property tax in addition to the tax that is paid to the government and state on April 15. I know that my students will take away not only a great learning experience but this will spark many questions -some answered and some not about things they may have never considered. I am looking forward to creating three additional WebQuests which will be a summer project that my students will have to do for each quarter.

Thanks again Dr. Luongo for making us aware of this product!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful!

    "They asked so many questions last week in reference to the WebQuest - such as - "did you actually to this?" to many questions regarding careers, taxes, interest,etc "... Isn't this what teaching SHOULD be about?

    Thank you for sharing a "technology success story".

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to hear that your hard work paid off! You must have a knack for making your students think with your projects. Hope it goes well with the other ones you create over the summer. If you can post them, please do! I'd love to see your other projects!

    ReplyDelete