Sunday, April 19, 2009

CLRN

California Learning Resource Network is a great educational tool for administrators, teachers, students and parents of California and of course, anyone else, (not just Californians) who can use this tool to obtain additional information on subjects that they may have difficulty in or would like to supplement. This is an extensive database and there are many search mechanisms that can be employed to find any resources that you are interested in finding additional information on.

The California Learning Resource Network is aligned to California Curriculum State Standards -but those who are not familiar with California Standards can still use one of the many other search mechanisms to find subject matter of interest. Search results are listed in a table with a link and you can specify as many search criteria that you may have.

I have clicked on Mathematics under the Learning Resource (ELR) tab and there are so many valuable links to many - many Internet sites for many different math topics for every grade level. It would actually take about a week to go through everything this web site has to offer so that maximum advantage could be taken of all it has to offer. I think that this is a "good job" for the summer. It does not matter that the curriculum standards are not the same for New Jersey as California.

3 comments:

  1. I definitely agree with your thoughts on the CLRN. The site is aligned with California Curriculum Standards; however, I found many resources and links that also applied to NJCCCS. It's all in how you apply the information you find. This resource gave me many great ideas and links that I could use in my own classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This site is an invaluable resource that I stumbled upon and use for various things.

    Save it and share with fellow educators.

    Nice posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your thoughts on this site. It is definitely a big plus for teachers and I am going to recommend it to teachers in my own school.

    ReplyDelete