Thursday, February 12, 2009

WebQuest

I have been spending alot of time doing the WebQuest project and there is a large amount of work necessary to create a WebQuest. You must really think about the flow of your project and the questioning mechanism in WebQuest really makes you think about if you have given your students all the information necessary to complete the project successfully.

What it does allow is the student to work independently because you have thought it out in a more thorough manner - more so than if you were presenting or lecturing. In a WebQuest you are contemplating answering all of the questions before they are asked.

I am actually going to use this project as an actual project for this marking period and am working in conjunction with the school's computer teacher. Our computer teacher is excited about this project as well. She has just completed power point instruction and was going to teach EXCEL and now has a project to go along with her curriculum. WebQuest also makes cross curriculum teaching to be attained.

2 comments:

  1. Melinda,

    I cannot tell you how happy I am to hear this!

    WebQuests are complex. I am glad to hear you are so motivated!

    Let us know what happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that you are incorporating this project into your curriculum! I am not currently teaching, but I will definitely speak to the Computer Teacher in my school about what I have learned about WebQuests - I think it will impress her. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete